SKIN IN THE GAME / South Carroll Sprint Triathlon
Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:00 AM
South Carroll Swim Club
1900 W. Liberty Road
Westminster, MD 21157
This annual Fathers Day sprint triathlon is held at the South Carroll Swim Club in Carroll County, Maryland. It is an excellent event for first-timers and experienced racers to compete in a family friendly, enthusiastic and well-supported event. The 400-meter swim features a great outdoor competition pool, and the 14-mile bike and 5K run showcase the scenic and rolling countryside of southern Carroll County, Maryland.
- Complimentary Triathlon Clinics
- South Carroll Swim Club Info & Membership
- Race Results:
Registration Details Get Skin in the Game Great Incentive Awards:
During registration, all athletes are provided the option to make a donation and to set a fundraising goal and have a portion of your registration fee waived.
Fundraise using a customizable fundraising site template provided at registration to easily forward to friends, family, colleagues and employers AND earn any of one of the award levels.
You are also automatically included in frequent pre-race day raffles, with every dollar raised counted as one raffle ticket to increase your chances to win! And, you are increasing the success of the Foundations objectives to benefit everyone!
Anyway you reach the Skin in the Game fundraising levels, the awards are tremendous, as follows:
Skin in the Game $150 Level: Includes an exclusive Race-technical t-shirt; access to all the complimentary race training clinics (3 conducted in 2012) with veteran and professional triathletes designed especially for you as a first-timer or experienced athlete; and, actual race-course, group training rides.
Skin in the Game $300 Level: Includes the above awards, AND you will earn a choice a “WIN-THE-FIGHT” Bike jersey; OR, a $50 gift certificate to Coolibar sun protective products.
Skin in the Game $1,000 Level: Includes all the above awards, AND a Garmin Edge 500; OR, a $150 gift certificate to Coolibar sun protective products.
$10,000 Skin in the Game Grand Award All expense paid, option of one of two once-in-a-lifetime experiences to select from (must be 18-years or older):
Choice One: Mallorca Cycling; March 30-Apr. 5, 2014
Bike tour with Destination Cycling in 2014 over March 30-Apr. 5 in sunny and warm Mallorca, Spain. This island is known world-wide for the best place to catch early season cycling. A perfect terrain for riding, from flats, to rollers to great switch-back climbs, Mallorca is the place to kick off your 2014 season.
This is a performance training camp of daily group rides and educational talks about cycling. These talks will cover various topics such as, nutrition, training and racing with power, bike handling skills, race preparation, bicycle mechanics, strength and conditioning for cycling. We believe in starting your season off right and providing you with a great foundation and information to become a better cyclist in 2014 and beyond. Included:
- Airline reservations to and from the tour
- All accommodations
- All meals breakfasts, lunches, dinners; and, snacks and drinks for each days ride
- Bike guides for each organized daily ride
- Daily route van support
- Mechanical assistance from mechanics during the day (if needed) and after each stage
- Bicycle assembly upon arrival and break-down for return tour
- Daily post-ride massages
- Equipment: Cycling Gear to include: 1 short sleeve jerseys, 1 long sleeve jersey, 1 bibs, 1 pair of socks
- Daily routes and maps that you can download to a Garmin
- All site transpatation and transfers
Choice Two: Dave Scott Triathlon Camp; May 1-4, 2014
This is a great opportunity to train with “The Man” 6x Ironman World Triathlon Champion, Dave Scott, truly a legend of the sport. Come join us for this all-inclusive 4 day/4 night triathlon camp in the U.S. triathlon mecca Boulder, Colorado, utilizing the world-renowned Boulder Flatirons Club facility and unique regional sporting venues, topography and exhilarating panoramas.
This customized triathlon camp for Skin in the Game Grand Award winners includes daily discussion, analysis, great workouts, and personalized attention. Dave is on site at all times and personally conducts every session. Will include the following:
- Airfare to and from the Dave Scott tri camp in Boulder, Colorado
- Bike assembly at Colorado Multisport
- All accommodations
- Select meals - opening and closing dinners and all breakfasts and lunches
- Flatirons Athletic Club passes
- Swimming & video analysis
- Bicycle biomechanics and technique critique
- Custom bike ride(s)
- Running road and trail, efficiency and form techniques
- Incorporating seasonal training cycles
- Tri-specific strength training, physiology, flexibility and injury prevention
- Peaking for races and tap
- Improving transition times
- Mental preparedness for your races
- Nutritional advice for optimal dietary practices
- Fueling for training and racing; misc. training supplements and gels
Become a Sponsor - Great Benefits!:
The Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation invites you to be a sponsor to dramatically increase your companys visibility and affiliation with this popular regional sporting event, to include:
- Your logo on over 500 athlete and volunteer shirts;
- Year-long exposure (with hotlink) on our race website;
- Emails to participants requesting support of sponsors with hotlink to your business;
- Press release to key local and regional media; AND
- Words of appreciation noted during the event and company literature inserts in athlete goodie bags.
Dont miss this excellent opportunity, format and venue to enhance your companys image in the entire Baltimore-Washington D.C. metropolitan region. Sponsorship is tax deductible, as a contribution to our Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, public charity see additional details and sponsor reservation form here.
Age Groups & Award Categories:
Age categories for both female/male: 13-15; 16-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54, 55+
Team awards to the fastest, combined individual full-race times of Father/Daughter and Father/Son pairings. Each member of team must complete the full race distance (no relay teams).
Race Awards & Prizes:
Distinctive medals to all finishers! Awards & Special Prizes to each:
- Overall Top female and male finishers;
- Top three female and male finishers in each age category; and,
- Fastest Father/Daughter and Father/Son pairings.
- ALL entrants receive a commemorative triathlon race shirt, Race Pace Bicycles & WIN-THE-FIGHT sports bottle and goodie bag at packet pickup (Champions receive technical race shirt & more).
Course Map: Click Here
Volunteers Are Tremendous & Wanted:
Volunteers are vital to the South Carol TRI-TO-WIN the fight against melanoma Triathlon. Volunteers will receive complimentary race shirts, post race food/refreshments and are eligible in post race raffle prizes. Join us in making this charity fundraising race a huge success! Interested email@example.com.
Packet Pick-Up & Directions:
In-person pickup at the South Carroll Swim Club only on Saturday, June 15th, 4:00-7:00 p.m. or race day Sunday, 5:30-6:30 a.m. The club is situated on the north side of Route 26/Liberty Road either 1/2 mile west of Route 94/Woodbine Road or 1 1/2 miles east of Route 27.
Important Race Check-In & Race Day Details (incl. Parking):
Race packet pick-up and bike corral check-in on Sat. 4:00-7:00 p.m. is highly encouraged (overnight guard service provided) or on Sunday for 5:30-6:30a.m. check-in. Racers must be poolside for swim check-in 10 mins. before assigned swim time. Parking in club lot permitted until 6:30 a.m. or cars can not be removed until last athlete finishes (approx. 11:30 a.m.). Parking PROHIBITED on Liberty Road shoulders where bike and 5K run courses are staged. Parking encouraged on parallel Old Liberty Road shoulder.
Timing & Results:
A chip timing system is used for accurate race splits and results. Race splits will be available for each event and transition times. Preliminary and award results will be posted onsite and final results will be available online within 24-hours after race finish.
Food & Beverages:
All WIN-THE-FIGHT triathletes are invited to re-energize with post-race refreshments and nourishing treats to celebrate a well-deserved triathlon achievement. Families and friends of racers able to purchase from a variety of tasty offerings to support the South Carroll Swim Team.
No refunds or transfers, but grateful appreciation for your support of the Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation and our TRI-TO WIN-THE-FIGHT against melanoma! Registrations are tax-deductible as detailed on your registration confirmation receipt.