Prevention / Tanning Beds
Tanning bed use is a growing epidemic with teens and young adults and despite the advertising - it is NOT SAFE.
- Remember, there is no safe tan - either from the sun or a tanning bed.
- Tanning beds are in no way less harmful than the sun’s rays.
- Tanning beds are 13% to 15% higher in UV radiation than the sun.
- UVA radiation penetrates deeper and may be linked to malignant melanoma.
- UV radiation from artificial sources is identified as a known cancer causing source.
- If you still want a tan, try one of the sunless tanning products.
- Just as there is no safe cigarette, there is no safe tan! Many states have enacted legislation to restrict the use of tanning beds by minors.
- Read the Federal Drug Administration’s Tan Act Report
- See what different states are doing to address this growing and dangerous trend: The National Conference of State Legislatures
If your organization would like copies of this Tanning Bed Warning contact firstname.lastname@example.org