SKIN IN THE GAME / Overview
The Foundations Skin in the Game campaign serves as the 2013 theme for all WIN-THE-FIGHT events and is designed to significantly promote:
- Melanoma skin cancer awareness;
- Prevention and detection practices; and,
- To leverage funds and fundraising to advance the Foundations comprehensive mission of melanoma education, advocacy and research!
Anchoring the campaigns theme is the recognition that EVERYONE has Skin in the Game whether youre a:
- Outdoor sports enthusiast spending much time exposed to the suns harmful rays
- Patient facing a difficult diagnosis and challenging personal journey to wellness
- Researcher looking for a cures and treatments for this insidious and deadly disease
- Parent informing a child of sun safe practices or the dangers of tanning
- Teacher educating students on skin cancer prevention, detection and ultraviolet rays
- Advocacy or health outreach member aiding newly diagnosed and advanced melanoma patients, and their caregivers
- Dermatologist or physician screening patients and sharing skin cancer diagnoses
- Legislator weighing the benefits of prohibiting minors access to tanning beds and UVA rays, or simply a,
- Friend speaking to someone you care about, who you want to keep healthy and safe!
The Skin in the Game campaign and WIN-THE-FIGHT initiatives will result in a multitude of positive dimensions and serve to create an enduring and memorable impression on those who share and learn from them.
But, success will really be measured, in the countless sun-safe learning opportunities that take seed, the healthy lifestyles that are embraced, and the lives that are saved through recognition that we all have Skin in the Game!